At this time we are pleased to offer our services via a TeleHealth option through the Phzio App and their encrypted system for current or former clients. This platform provides the ability to educate and guide your care remotely. Please review the information below and complete prior to the begining this service.
Please contact your local R2P Facility to schedule a Telehealth Session - 301.798.4838
What You Can Expect:
- Continued Discussion and Supervision
- Education and Strategies
- Changes to your Home Exercise Program (HEP)
- Cost is $35 per session for Commercial Insurances*
- Current Medicare and Tricare Patients ARE allowed to participate in Telehealth per their benefits and do not have to pay $35.
- You do NOT need your Patient Account #
- Please include 'Telehealth' in the Comments Section
- Do not make payment until you have a scheduled telehealth appointment
*We continue to monitor the discuss with Commercial Insurances (Aetna, Carefirst, Cigna, UHC), which currently do not reimburse for Telehealth, that is why we established a $35 SelfPay rate. We will update as more information becomes available.
Research Supporting Telehealth
- There is a high level of agreement between an in-clinic PT diagnosis and a diagnosis obtained via telehealth using a remote diagnosis and a functional movement screen (FMS)
- A review of 75 systematic reviews and 71 Cochrane reviews revealed that the most effective interventions for low back pain (LBP) are patient self management, psychosocial interventions, and therapeutic exercise.
- A UC Irvine School of Medicine study recently revealed that telehealth PT was as effective as in-clinic therapy for improving upper extremity motor control post-CVA.