Check out some of our frequently asked questions about Rehab 2 Perform™, physical therapy, and what your sessions may look like. Still need more information? Feel free to give us a call at 301.798.4838.
In most cases, No. Maryland is a Direct Access state which means you have the choice to choose the Provider of your choice normally without a referral. However, some insurance plans do require a referral from your primary care physician (PCP) or a script from a medical doctor.
Absolutely! We would love to be a part of your recovery journey. Our team works with clients of all activity levels, and ages ranging from 8 to 88. It is all about the ‘Athletic Mindset.’ We want to inspire an active lifestyle and help you reach your goals and get you back to the activities you love to perform
Most likely Yes! We are In-Network with all of the Major insurances and accept the following insurances. If not, we offer very reasonable Self-Pay options.
- Aetna (including Meritan and Coventry)
- Align Networks
- Auto Insurance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (including Carefirst, Anthem and Highmark)
- Cigna / ASH (American Specialty Health)
- United Healthcare (including MDIPA, GEHA and Humana)
- Veterans Affairs Community Care (Learn More Here)
- Workers Compensation (OWCP and others)
- Self- Pay Options:
- Initial Evaluation (1 hour) - $145
- Follow-Up (minimum 30 Minutes) - $95
- Follow-Up (Post-Surgical)- $70
We recommend a parent or guardian attend the first visit to assist with paperwork (if not complete) and to understand the process and what will ensue. You are always more than welcome to ask questions and be as involved in the process as you would like.
The initial evaluation lasts approximately one (1) hour. Follow up appointments tend to be a little shorter, with 25 - 30 minutes 1 on 1 with your therapist, plus an additional 10-20 mins of circuit work in the clinic
The cost of the visit depends on your specific insurance benefits for physical therapy. Normally, patients either have a copay or deductible. To learn more about deductibles, click HERE. Once you are scheduled, we will contact your insurance company to obtain a complete quote of your physical therapy benefits. We will present that information to you at your initial evaluation.
- Copay = Set Amount, Normally ranges from $10 to $50 per visits
- Deductible = An Amount that must be met before Full Benefits Kick In. We collect $50-70 per visit that helps offset your bill each month
For your initial evaluation, please bring your driver's license, your insurance card, and the doctor's script or referral (if you have one). If there are any additional reports or images you would like your therapist to look at, please bring a printed copy.
Dry needling is a trigger point release therapy commonly used by physical therapists. It's similar to acupuncture, but goes deeper into the muscles instead of just the skin. Like nerves, muscles can refer pain, so dry needling helps stimulate and release those muscles that are causing pain.
Yes, Dry Needling is normally covered through your insurance and billed as part of Manual Therapy. In the instance it is NOT, we will notify you and offer a Self Pay (Cash) rate that is very reasonable.
We recommend wearing comfortable and/or loose clothes that make it easy for you to move around, very similar if you were going to the gym or a walk/run in your neighborhood. Tennis or athletic shoes are ideal. Layers or a change of clothes may be ideal for access to particular areas for manual therapy or dry needling.
We accept cash, check, and card (including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover). We offer Touchless and Paperless Automatic and End of the Month Billing Options. To make a payment online and learn more, click HERE.
- Your initial Physical Therapy appointment will be roughly one hour long
- Expect a warm welcome from our team!
- A couple minutes to check-in with paperwork
- It will include an Evaluation along with Baseline Testing & Measurements
- Discussing your Goals - We want to learn your story and meet your needs
- Establish a Home Exercise Program
- Outline Expectations for your Plan of Care
- On average, you can expect 9-10 visits. Typically this is twice a week early on, tapering down to once a week, or every other week until ‘Graduation’
- For Post- Operative (major surgery) Injuries it all depends on the severity of the injury or surgery and could be anywhere from 3-6 months.
This is when you are formally discharged from our plan of care. You have graduated from our In-Person Guidance and transition fully to your Home Program, normal Fitness Routine, or fully back to Sport. Make sure you get your shirt and take a pic with our staff!
In short, we do Physical Therapy Differently!
- Fitness Focused. Evidence Based. Personalized Care.
- Our facility is set up more like a gym which creates an amazing atmosphere and community environment with music and friendly conversation.
- Our expert team has further credentials in Strength & Conditioning, Concussion Care, as well as other Sport specific backgrounds.
- What else? Your Goals, each Plan of Care is unique and tailored to YOU. Whether getting ready for tryouts, back in the gym, pain free sleeping, or chasing your grandchildren in the backyard, your sessions are customized for your needs and goals!
This will all depend on the severity of your injury, but we will always try to get you back to participation safely and as quickly as possible. We are firm believers in modifying activities or scaling back as needed, and not fully eliminating activities.