Utilizing HSA & FSA Funds
Depending on your health plan, you might have access to an FSA or HSA that can help cover specified out-of-pocket health-care costs and eligible expenses.
Two of our Partners: Hyperice/Normatec and Thorne Supplements offer products that are HSA & FSA eligible. Learn more below about what products are eligible, and learn about the benefits of HSA & FSA
*Because everyone’s health savings plans, insurance, and medical expenses are different, check with your FSA or HSA benefits coordinator to verify if your purchases are qualified medical expenses under your program’s terms and conditions.
Hyperice Recovery Products
- Normatec (Compression) – The Normatec 3 line including individual attachments and accessories, along with Normatec Go are eligible.
- Hyperice X (Ice/Heat Contrast) – The Hyperice X line, our contrast therapy device available for the knee, or shoulder is FSA/HSA eligible.
- Venom (Heat/Massage) – The entire Venom line including Venom 2, Venom Go, Venom Go case and Venom Go Refill Packs are eligible.
- Hypervolt (Percussion ‘Massage Gun’) – All Hypervolt percussion massage devices and accessories (including the Heated Head Attachment) are eligible.
Learn more about the Hyperice FSA/HSA Products and Eligibility Here
Want to Purchase?! USE THIS LINK to Save 10% instantly! or head into our Facility to save big!
Looking for the Normatec Compression Boots?? This is your best savings! With our partnership we can offer well below Retail pricing – Purchase Here
The following is a list of the tests and supplements currently qualified as “HSA/FSA accepted”:
- Thyroid Test – Thyroid imbalance is more common than you might think. This at-home blood test provides insights about thyroid function by measuring key hormone levels. Results include a personalized health plan.
- Stress Test – The adrenal glands help us handle stress. This at-home saliva test provides insights about your stress response and the health of your adrenal glands by measuring hormone fluctuations. Results include a personalized health plan.
- Sleep Test – Find out why you have trouble sleeping. This at-home saliva test tracks hormone fluctuations that regulate the sleep-wake cycle. Results include a personalized health plan.
- Vitamin D Test – A low level of vitamin D is linked to various health risks. This at-home blood test provides health insights by measuring your vitamin D level. Results include a personalized health plan.
- Gut Health Test – The Gut Health Test provides a detailed analysis and a personalized plan that targets GI discomfort to optimize wellness. You can learn how to create meaningful changes in your gut’s microbiome with the combination of Thorne’s cutting-edge sequencing and patent-pending wipe technology that makes the sample collection process simple.
- Menopause Test – Hormonal changes during menopause can impact a woman’s health. This at-home saliva test measures levels of the key hormones related to menopause. Results include a personalized health plan.
- Biological Age Health Panel – Biological Age analyzes the impacts that lifestyle, nutrition, illness, and genetics have had on your body and vital organs, such as your liver and kidneys. Your Age Score provides insights so you can make changes to improve your overall wellness and longevity.
- Weight Management Test – Find out how to reach your weight goal. This at-home blood and saliva test provides insights by measuring key biomarkers associated with weight management. Results include a personalized health plan.
- Essential Health Panel – This panel provides a baseline health assessment that includes 63 biomarkers, measuring performance hormones like testosterone and DHEA-S, essential vitamins and minerals, and metabolic function. A lab visit is required for a blood draw.
- Advanced Health Panel – This panel provides an in-depth health assessment that includes 89 biomarkers critical to muscle performance, injury reduction, and overall health and wellness. Results include a personalized plan to optimize your health and wellness routine. A lab visit is required for a blood draw.
- Fertility Test – This at-home blood and saliva test provides insights by measuring a woman’s reproductive hormones, thyroid function, and stress responses. Results include a personalized health plan.
- Basic Prenatal – A gentle and effective daily multi-vitamin/mineral supplement for a woman who is trying to conceive, is pregnant, or is nursing. A well-researched multi- formulated to nutritionally support both mother and baby, from pre-conception through nursing.* It’s made without the additives and coatings found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin – Helps maintain healthy joint function and mobility and supports normal cartilage formation and is supported by clinical research.*
Ready 2 Start & Save! As an R2Peep we have you covered with 15% off. START HERE to fill out a quick form and we will add you to our R2P Thorne Program with the special discount!
All of these items can be found at our R2P Thorne Dispensary: https://www.thorne.com/u/rehab2perform
Learn more about these Thorne products and eligibility here
What is FSA versus HSA?
FSA vs. HSA
In short, both FSA and HSA programs are ways to set aside pre-tax money from your paycheck into a special account to pay for certain health-care costs. This means that any contribution to an FSA/HSA account is not taxable income under current U.S. federal income tax regulations.
Depending on your tax bracket, that can add up to big savings on qualified medical expenses.
The biggest difference between an FSA and an HSA is what happens to the funds in the account at the end of the calendar year.
In the case of an HSA, the entire account balance carries over to the next year – and it collects interest – allowing you to save now for unexpected medical expenses later in life.
In the case of an FSA, most of the unused funds expire at year-end, with only a small portion carrying over to the next year. This makes an FSA plan ideal for individuals who have regular medical expenses or frequent doctor visits.
FSA and HSA limits
Neither FSA nor HSA are limitless savings accounts. Contribution limits are different for each account type.
For example, in 2023, the FSA contribution limit is $3,050, with a $610 carryover into 2024.
Comparatively, the HSA contribution limit in 2023 is $3,850 for an individual, or $7,750 for a family. Unused funds carry over from year to year.
Note that contribution limits can change from year to year, and they will increase in 2024! Check with your benefits coordinator to get the most up-to-date information about using FSA/HSA funds.
FSA vs. HSA eligibility
Not everyone can qualify for an FSA or an HSA.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), also called Flexible Spending Arrangements, are established by an employer-run health plan and may be offered along with other employment benefits. Self-employed individuals are not eligible to create a flex spending account under current IRS regulations.
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), on the other hand, do not have an employment-status requirement and can be set up by an eligible individual through an insurance company, a bank, or other IRS-approved trustee, although only individuals who are covered under a high deductible health plan, or HDHP, can set up an HSA.
If you have an employer-run health plan, then consult your benefits coordinator about the differences between an FSA and an HSA as they relate to your health insurance plan, and to ensure you make the choice that’s right for you. For technical information about FSA vs. HSA definitions, refer to IRS Publication 969.
Using FSA/HSA funds
So you’ve set aside money in an FSA or HSA. Now how do you go about using FSA/HSA funds?
After making a purchase, you submit an itemized receipt to your FSA or HSA provider for reimbursement or depending on your program, you may have received a benefits card; this benefits card can be used like a debit card to access your FSA or HSA funds.
What qualifies as a medical expense can change from year to year.
If you have questions about whether your purchase will be covered or reimbursed by your HSA or FSA plan, then you can verify product eligibility with your benefits coordinator before you complete your purchase to maximize your FSA/HSA benefits and receive the health solutions you deserve.
Nutrition Therapy Services
R2P is proud to offer individual nutrition counseling with our new registered dietitian, Jessica Murgueytio. Personalized nutrition helps your body function optimally and increases the body’s ability to heal and strengthen itself. Both In-Person or from the comfort of your home, get started with your Nutrition Plan Now. Learn More Here!