At Rehab 2 Perform, it is our mission to provide you with an effective and progressive plan of care to accelerate your treatment to optimal performance. Nutrition is a key component of recovery and performance that is often neglected. Eating habits provide a foundation for eliminating pain, decreasing chronic inflammation, achieving optimal weight and improving your performance. Food is the medicine that can make it all happen!
With optimal nutritional strategies, we can:
- Support, Yet Manage, Acute Inflammation
- Support Immune Function
- Support Long-Term Tissue Healing and Regeneration
- Support the Reduction of Markers of Chronic Inflammation
Below are some Nutritional Guidelines we Highly Recommend you Consider!
- Fuel Your Bodys Basic Needs! Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) can Elevate 15-50% when Injury Occurs.
- Eat Every 2-4 Hours! Avoid the Tendency to Under-Eat.
- Protein Up! 1 gram of Protein per Pound of Body Weight.
- Consume Omega 3! Fish, Olive or Coconut Oil, Nuts, Avocados, Flax, Seeds
- Avoid Inflammatory Foods! Vegetable Oil and Most Processed Foods
INCREASE Consumption of Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Cook with Single Ingredient, Whole Foods
- Include Garlic, Curcumin, Tumeric and Boswelia
- Increase Fiber
- Consume a Rainbow of Phytochemicals and Anti-Oxidants Containing Foods
REDUCE or ELIMINATE Consumption of Pro-Inflammatory Foods
- Processed Foods
- Added Sugar
- Soda or Fruit Juice
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- Trans Fats
***These are general recommendations. All allergies should be respected and pharmaceutical prescriptions adhered to as prescribed by your physician.***