College Internship at Rehab 2 Perform
UNDERGRAD PHYSICAL THERAPY INTERNSHIP EXPECTATIONS
Objective: Each R2P intern will leave their internship with the ability to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of R2P methodology including philosophy and science, assessment and program design, technology and tracking, as well as psychology and customer science. The purpose of this internship is to start contributing to a highly progressive sports medicine program. Throughout your internship you will work with patients to learn and interact with the human body, essentially taking the next step in your sports medicine and physical therapy career.
- Opportunity for students to experience a progressive rehabilitation and sports performance training facility
- Education through practical daily in-services, comprehensive tutorials, seminars hosted in-house and observation
- Pre-internship reading and R2P requirements
- Shadow and assist physical therapists with day to day tasks
- Professionalism in dress and general appropriate conduct
- Be an active and engaging member of the R2P community
What to Expect from us:
- Scheduled long term projects and daily lessons developed to emphasize certain performance related topics
- Thorough explanation of each patient’s rehabilitation program and goals
- A team approach to your education. It is our goal to jointly assist you in your development as a student and as a clinician
How to Apply
In order to ensure each of our interns gets the most complete clinical experience possible, we require each applicant to submit the following forms. R2P takes great pride in our ability to produce well-rounded and competent interns. The application is the first step in our commitment to your education.
- Spring Internship: December 1st
- Summer Internship: April 1st
- Fall Internship: June 1st
- Winter Intership: October 1st
- GPA of 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 system
- Currently attending a 4 year university
- A major in a health and wellness related field
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC)
- At least 1 Primary Course from the Postural Restoration Institute (Myokin, Respiration or Pelvis)
- Practice What You Preach
After your application has been submitted, our CCCE will contact you regarding the potential for a phone interview.
At R2P, we firmly believe that the best way to foster competent and well-rounded clinicians is through a strong clinical experience. We are dedicated to establishing strong relationships with our interns and their academic institutions.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you or your academic facility may have. We look forward to hearing from you.