High School Internship at Rehab 2 Perform
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT INTERNSHIP EXPECTIONS
Objective: To demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of R2P methodology including philosophy and science, assessment and program design, technology and tracking, as well as psychology and customer science.
- Opportunity for students to experience a progressive rehabilitation and sports performance training facility
- Education through practical daily in-services, comprehensive tutorials, seminars hosted in-house and observation
- Pre-internship reading and R2P requirements
- Shadow and assist physical therapists with daily activities
- Professionalism in dress code and general appropriate conduct
- Be an active and engaging member of the R2P community
- Contribute toward clinic day to day tasks and errands
- Be patient, and understanding with all patients. Actively participate when working in the office or with a patient. Be aware of your surroundings and keep language clean and appropriate. Most of all, act professional.
- You feel comfortable teaching exercises, cuing, and interacting with clients across a wide range of ages and abilities
- **This is an unpaid internship.
What to Expect From Us
- Scheduled long term projects and daily lessons developed to emphasize certain performance related topics
- Thorough explanation of each patient’s rehabilitation program and goals
- A team approach to your education. It is our goal to jointly assist you in your development as a student and as a clinician
- Improve skills in communication, reasoning, and professionalism
How to Apply
In order to ensure each of our interns gets the most complete clinical experience possible, we require each applicant to submit the following forms. R2P takes great pride in our ability to produce well-rounded and competent interns. The application is the first step in our commitment to your education.
- Spring Internship: December 1st
- Summer Internship: March 1st
- Fall Internship: June 1st
- Winter Intership: October 1st
After your application has been submitted, we will review and be in contact with you in an timely manner.
At R2P, we firmly believe that the best way to foster competent and well-rounded clinicians is through a strong clinical experience. We are dedicated to establishing strong relationships with our interns and their academic institutions.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you or your academic facility may have. We look forward to hearing from you.