Doctor of Physical Therapy Internship at Rehab 2 Perform
DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
For College and University Doctorate of Physical Therapy Programs, please email Matt Cornell (Matt@Rehab2Perform.com) with the proper paperwork and requests. Rehab 2 Perform looks forward to working with all DPT programs. No slots are guaranteed and potential DPT students will be interviewed to assure proper fit at R2P.
Objective: Each DPT Student will leave their internship with the ability to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of R2P methodology including philosophy and science, assessment and program design, technology and tracking, as well as psychology and customer science.
- Opportunity for students to experience a progressive rehabilitation and sports performance training facility with 1-on-1 mentorship with a Doctorate level trained and licensed physical therapist
- Curriculum based learning schedule with weekly learning objectives
- Exposures to Evidenced based treatment methods including dry needling, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization, manual therapy sport specific and functional based therapeutic exercise and activities.
- 1-on-1 patient care
- Training in Return to sport functional testing and decision making protocols
- Participation in community events and local injury risk screening and movement assessment with club and high school teams
- Access to continuing education materials through Medbridge education portals
- Opportunity to grow professionally through teaching undergraduate and high school interns
- Weekly clinical in services with staff centered on evaluation and treatment philosophy and metholodogy
- Pre-internship reading and R2P requirements
- Shadow and assist physical therapists with day to day tasks
- Professionalism in dress and general appropriate conduct
- Be an active and engaging member of the R2P community
What to Expect from us:
- Scheduled long term projects and daily lessons developed to emphasize certain performance related topics
- Thorough explanation of each patient’s rehabilitation program and goals
- A team approach to your education. It is our goal to jointly assist you in your development as a student and as a clinician
How to Apply
In order to ensure each of our interns gets the most complete clinical experience possible, we require each applicant to submit the following forms. R2P takes great pride in our ability to produce well-rounded and competent interns. The application is the first step in our commitment to your education.
Send the following to Matt Cornell at Matt@Rehab2Perform.com with the subject line 'DPT Student Intern Program – Your Name'
- Cover letter Addressing the Following
- How you became familiar with R2P
- Why you are seeking an internship with R2P
- Your current experience in the sport performance setting
- Three professional references
- Unofficial Transcript
- GPA of 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 system
- Currently attending a 4 year university
- A major in a health and wellness related field
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC)
- At least 1 Primary Course from the Postural Restoration Institute (Myokin, Respiration or Pelvis)
- Practice What You Preach
After your application has been submitted, our CCCE will contact you regarding the potential for a phone interview.
At R2P, we firmly believe that the best way to foster competent and well-rounded clinicians is through a strong clinical experience. We are dedicated to establishing strong relationships with our interns and their academic institutions.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you or your academic facility may have. We look forward to hearing from you.