We are pleased to introduce the R2P Academy!
By blending rehab and performance principles, the Rehab 2 Perform Academy aims to create a common language and a cohesive model to provide interdisciplinary integration to best serve the clients needs. These courses will provide clinicians with a framework to narrow the information gap between education and practice in restoring high level function for rehabilitation professionals.
Our Blueprints course originally scheduled for April 4th in Bethesda will be postponed with the current Coronavirus situation. Stay tuned for further details.
Contact us at R2PAcademy@Rehab2Perform.com. Stay tuned as we reveal more information and details regarding the R2P Academy!
Follow us on Social Media for an indepth look at the Blueprints established at Rehab 2 Perform with our Return to Sport Testing, our Principles & Foundations, and the Phases implemented as we bridge the gap from Rehab 2 Performance. @R2Pacademy
POSTPONED. DATE TBD. STAY TUNED!
Approaching performance and rehab from a methods only perspective limits our adaptability to variable situations. Improving the processes and principles encourages better reasoning and rationale behind decision making in the clinic. This is why we’ve created a 'Blueprint' at Rehab 2 Perform,to allow for the formation of reproducible procedures, individualized plans, and providing a framework for success.
Blueprints allow you deal with the complex and unpredictable reality of working with human beings, they help to protect from cognitive bias and emotion. They are shown to help improve the accuracy of decision making.
What to Expect
- A framework to help bridge the gap between rehab and performance
- Clinical decision making tools for the restoration of high level function
- Phases of rehab with objective entry and exit criteria
- Hands-on lab with range of motion, locomotor, stability, strength, power, plyometrics,and endurance progressions and regressions
Topics / Schedule
- Building and using assessment and treatment models
- Developing and using principles and checklists to guide practice
- Defining the phases of return to performance rehab
Assessment and the Utilization of Objective Testing
- Utilization and interpretation of basic Upper Extremity and Lower Extremity objective tests.
- Timelines vs Criteria
Movement Foundation (Lecture & Lab)
Create logical progressions/regression sequences through the main movement “buckets” to return to full return to performance. Participants will understand, be guided through, and learn to teach each exercise sequence.
- ROM/Movement Options
- Energy Systems
- Load Management
- Session Flow
- Home Exercise Education
- Psychosocial Considerations